Principles of Сommercial Law in the Commercial Code of Ukraine
Problem setting. The question of the principles of law is very actual in today's conditions because of their functional tasks.
The state of modern economic legislation is not perfect. The principles of law become increasingly impotent at this time, as the guiding, fundamental principles that determine the essence and content of law, based on the moral, political and economic values of society.
The principles of law simultaneously establish the content and direction of law-making and law enforcement process.
Despite the great importance of the principles of law for the process of legal regulation, unfortunately, the topic of the principles of commercial law is not sufficiently investigated today, and this effective legal instrument is using not enough for regulating public relations.
There is no common approach to the definition of the content and classification of the principles of commercial law, and the Commercial Code of Ukraine contains Art. 5 "Constitutional Principles of Law Enforcement in the Sphere of Management", Art. 6 «General principles of management», Art. 44 "Principles of entrepreneurial activity", but has no article defining the principles of commercial law.
Recent research and publications analysis. Scientific-theoretical base of research are the works of such famous scientists: S. S. Alekseev, G. L. Znamenskiy, A. M. Kolodiy, V. K. Mamutov, S. P. Pohrebnyak, O. O. Uvarova, M. V. Tsvik, V. S. Shcherbina and etc.
Paper objective. The purpose of the article is an attempt to highlight the contemporary content of the issues of the principles of commercial law and their legislative consolidation in order to improve and rectify existing deficiencies in order to give them effectiveness and practical value.
Paper main body. Principles of law, as the most effective legal means, should be used by the legislator as much as possible. Each codified act must contain the basic provisions in which the basic principles of legal regulation or principles, which are "rules of the game" for all the participants of the legal relationship falling within the scope of its regulation, must be determined. The established rules should be binding on the legislator, who adopts regulations that must comply with the established principles of law, and for law enforcement officials.
Despite the actuality and effectiveness of the principles of law in the Commercial Code of Ukraine there are no rules on the principles of commercial law, and certain principles contained in separate articles of the code are not effective because of the lack of legal techniques for setting out them.
The general provisions of the sectoral code contain Art. 5 "Constitutional Principles of Law Enforcement in the Sphere of Management", Art. 6 «General principles of management», the analysis of which is seen as follows.
All provisions of Article 5 of the Commercial Code of Ukraine (with the exception of the rule of the optimal combination of market self-regulation of economic relations of economic entities and state regulation of macroeconomic processes) completely duplicate the norms of the Constitution of Ukraine, which, by virtue of Part 3 of Art. 8 of the Main Law, have the highest force of law and therefore directly applicable and do not require to reintroducing them to other normative legal acts for giving them effectiveness
Contents of Art. 6 of the Commercial Code of Ukraine partially coincides with the norms of the Constitution of Ukraine and Article 5 of the Economic Code of Ukraine. The legal technique that is used in the implementation of the principle of freedom of entrepreneurship is flawed and restricts the rights, which are guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine, that is inadmissible. The legal technique of the implementation of the principle of limiting state regulation of economic processes and the principle of the prohibition of unlawful interference of government bodies and local self-government bodies, their officials in economic relationships is imperfect also.
Conclusions of the research. All of the foregoing gives grounds for concluding that:
1. The economic code of Ukraine in the part of defining the bases of law and order in the sphere of economic activity and principles of management, contains provisions that are simple duplication of the norms of the Constitution of Ukraine, that are in majority cases are only useless, but sometimes this provisions even are contradictory to the Constitution of Ukraine due to the imperfection of legal technique their implementation. There are the lot of unnecessary repeats in the economic code of Ukraine itself.
2. All these disadvantages exist at a time when, the basically codified act of the branch of economic law does not contain an article about the principles of economic law, which should be the basis for determining the direction of legal regulation of economic relations, for giving an opportunity to resolve legal conflicts and fill gaps in economic law, for interpretations of legal norms and establishing standards, values and guidelines for the participants in economic relations.
3. The problem of principles of economic law seems to be an independent and especially actual object of economic and legal research, and therefore requires special complex scientific researches in order to make the principles of economic law a real instrument of economic and legal regulation in conditions of the extraordinary dynamics of development of economic legislation and the existence of luge numbers of conflicts of law.
Short Abstract for an article
ОAbstracts: The article is devoted to the analysis and research of the problem of the principles of economic law and their legislative consolidation with the aim of improving and correcting the existing shortcomings for giving the principles of economic law a practical value. The article gives a detailed analysis of article 5 and article 6 of the Commercial Code of Ukraine.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
Zadykhailo, D.V. (2013). Pravovi zasady formuvannia ta realizatsii ekonomichnoi polityky derzhavy: Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
Korniienko, M.V. (2017). Pryntsypy prava v rozviazanni yurydychnykh kolizii. Verkhovenstvo prava, 2. URL: http://sd-vp.info/2017/printsipi-prava-v-rozv-yazanni-yuridichnih-kolizij/ [in Ukrainian].
Petryshyn, O.V., Pohrebniak S. P., Smorodynskyi V. S. et al. (2015). Teoriia derzhavy i prava. O. V. Petryshyn. (Ed.). Kharkiv: Pravo [in Ukrainian].
Zadykhailo D. V. (2011). Pravo na pidpryiemnytsku diialnist u systemi vidnosyn pravovoho hospodarskoho poriadku. Visnyk Akademii pravovykh nauk Ukrainy, 2 (65), 111–122 [in Ukrainian].
Zadykhailo, D.V. (2007). Reformuvannia konstytutsiinykh zasad hospodariuvannia: pytannia konstytutsiinoi doktryny. Visnyk Akademii pravovykh nauk Ukrainy, 2 (49), 51–61 [in Ukrainian].
Shcherbina, V.S. (2014). Do pytannia shchodo pryntsypiv hospodarskoho prava. Visnyk pivdennoho rehionalnoho tsentru Natsionalnoi akademii pravovykh nauk Ukrainy, 1, 85–92. URL: http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis_nbuv/cgiirbis_64.exe?I21DBN=LINK&P21DBN= UJRN&Z21ID=&S21REF=10&S21CNR=20&S21STN=1&S21FMT=ASP_meta&C21COM=S&2_S21P03=FILA=&2_S21STR=vprc_2014_1_10 [in Ukrainian]
GOST Style Citations
1. Задихайло Д. В. Правові засади формування та реалізації економічної політики держави: автореф. дис. … д-ра юрид. наук. Харків, 2013. 38 с.
2. Корнієнко М. В. Принципи права в розв’язанні юридичних колізій. Верховенство права. 2017. № 2. URL: http://sd-vp.info/2017/printsipi-prava-v-rozv-yazanni-yuridichnih-kolizij/ (дата звернення: 17.02.2018).
3. Петришин О. В., Погребняк С. П., Смородинський В. С. та ін. Теорія держави і права: підручник / за ред. О. В. Петришина. Харків: Право, 2015. 366 с.
4. Задихайло Д. В. Право на підприємницьку діяльність у системі відносин правового господарського порядку. Вісник Академії правових наук України. 2011. № 2 (65). С. 111–122.
5. Задихайло Д. В. Реформування конституційних засад господарювання: питання конституційної доктрини. Вісник Академії правових наук України. 2007. № 2 (49). С. 51–61.
6. Щербіна В. С. До питання щодо принципів господарського права. Вісник південного регіонального центру Національної академії правових наук України. 2014. № 1. С. 85–92. URL: http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis_nbuv/cgiirbis_64.exe?I21DBN=LINK&P21DBN =UJRN&Z21ID=&S21REF=10&S21CNR=20&S21STN=1&S21FMT=ASP_meta&C21COM=S&2_S21P03=FILA=&2_S21STR=vprc_2014_1_10 (дата звернення: 17.02.2018)
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
Copyright (c) 2018 Theory and practice of jurisprudence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.