Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Це подання раніше не було опубліковане і не надсилалося до розгляду редакціям інших журналів (або у коментарях для редактора нижче дані необхідні пояснення).
- Файл подання є документом у форматі Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, RTF або WordPerfect.
- Інтернет-посилання у тексті супроводжуються повними коректними адресами URL.
- Текст відповідає вимогам до стилістики та бібліографії, викладеним у Керівництві для авторів розділу "Про журнал".
- Якщо матеріал подається у рецензований розділ журналу, при оформленні файлу подання були виконані інструкції щодо Гарантій сліпого рецензування.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING
Authors whose articles are published in the Electronic Edition “Theory аnd Practice оf Jurisprudence” on the basis of open-access retain all rights to the content of the articles. Open access articles are published under the Creative Commons License – Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). This license allows others to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, as long as they indicate your authorship. Detailed information at Creative Commons site .
– ensuring authority of the Electronic Edition “Theory аnd Practice оf Jurisprudence” owing to the authority of its Editorial Board comprising leading scholars of Ukraine and foreign countries, whose works are the foundation of jurisprudence;
– consolidation of international, transnational, and domestic interests by establishing comprehensive scientific ties with representatives of various scientific law schools, public associations, with workers of law enforcing, the law implementing, and controlling bodies;
– ensuring publication ethics, the legal framework of which is based on the international standards: provisions adopted at the Second World Conference on Research Integrity (Singapore, July 22-24, 2010); provisions developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and the rules of Chapter 36 «Intellectual Property Rights on Literary, Artistic and other Work (Copyright)» of the Civil Code of Ukraine;
– providing high quality and reliability of the published materials; validity, authenticity, transparency, and completeness of publications; respect for editorial independence and integrity.
The legal framework for ensuring publication ethics is based on the international standards: provisions adopted at the Second World Conference on Research Integrity (Singapore, July 22-24, 2010); provisions developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE); and the rules of Chapter 36 «Intellectual Property Rights on Literary, Artistic and other Work (Copyright)» of the Civil Code of Ukraine of January 16, 2003 № 435-IV; laws of Ukraine «On Copyright and Neighboring Rights» of December 23, 1993 № 3792-XII, «On Accession of Ukraine to the World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty « of September 20, 2001 № 2733-III, «On Accession of Ukraine to the Berne Convention for Protection of Literary and Artistic Works» (Paris Act of July 24, 1971 with amendments of February 10, 1979), of May 31, 1995 № 189 /95-VR.
The Editorial Board of the Electronic Edition ensures compliance with:
– Ethics of scientific papers publication;
– Ethics of scientific papers authorship;– Ethics of scientific papers review;
– Ethics of scientific papers editing.
Any copyright infringement is prosecuted by law.
Reprints of the Edition materials are allowed only by agreement with the Editorial Board.
Ethics of Scientific Papers Publication
The Editorial Board of the Edition:
1) ensures consideration of all materials submitted for publication, adherence to editorial independence and fairness in making objective decisions, without prejudice to the authors based on nationality or religious affiliation, official position, regardless of commercial interests and relations with the Founder of the Edition, basing its policy on respect for the individual rights of the author and intellectual property rights;
2) implements the Edition policy to ensure and improve the quality of published materials, make significant contribution to the development of domestic and foreign science (of the area of knowledge); takes steps to increase activity with regard to the improvement of the quality of published material; strives to meet the needs of readers and authors;
3) the guiding principles of the editorial policy are current importance, significance, clarity, reliability, and validity of the published research materials;
4) the Editorial Board considers the following as the basic principles of high level of published research materials:
– thoroughness: published results of research should be performed at a high level of quality and accuracy in accordance with ethical and legal standards
;– the collective responsibility of authors for their papers and the content of the publication;
– integrity: authors should present the results fairly, without fabrication, falsification or unfair data manipulation;
– unambiguity: the publication should provide sufficient information so that other researchers be able to replicate the performed experiments;
– completeness of the submitted materials: review and the findings from the existing studies must be complete, balanced and include information regardless of whether they support the hypotheses and interpretations of the author of publication or not;
– prudence: the results of the new study should be presented in the context of the findings of previous studies;
– originality: authors ensure that the work proposed for publication is original and has not been previously published anywhere and in any language; the work cannot be directed simultaneously to several publishers;
– transparency: all sources of research funding including direct and indirect financial aid, provision of equipment or materials and other types of support (including assistance of statistical data manipulation experts or technical copywriters) should be given in the publication;
5) conducts a policy on the inclusion to the staff of the Editorial Board of highly-qualified members who actively contribute to the development of the Edition;
6) implements the policy of systematic improvement of the institutions of review, editing, and expert evaluation of publications that guarantees the accuracy, completeness, clarity, impartiality and timeliness of expert evaluation and research reports;
7) regarding the readers, guarantees provision of information on research funding and sponsors of the published research materials;
8) guarantees that measures ensuring the compliance of the published materials will be taken; using the appropriate software conducts examination of the publications as to manipulation with materials, plagiarism, duplication or redundant information;
9) decides on the acceptance or rejection of an article on the basis of all comments of independent reviewers in general. Authors are informed about the final editorial decision and the reasons for the decision.
Ethics of Scientific Papers Authorship
Authors of publications:
– must ensure that the list of authors includes only the persons who meet the criteria of authorship (i.e., persons who have made a significant contribution to the work), and that the researchers who deserve authorship, are not excluded from the list;
– give their consent to the inclusion to the list of authors and approve the version of the work sent to publication; any changes in the list of authors must be approved by all authors, including those removed from the list;
– should be familiar with the work submitted for publication and ensure that it meets the requirements stated above;
– must collaborate with the editors and the publishers to correct their work without delay if mistakes are detected;
– must comply with the legislation on copyright protection; the materials protected by copyright (e.g., tables, figures or large quotations) can be reproduced only with the permission of their owners.
Ethics of Scientific Publications Review
1. The Editorial Board ensures independent review of the materials in a manner that provides the integrity and objectivity of the statements regarding scientific value of the article intended for publication.
2. According to the Edition policy the Editorial Board provides the procedure for review of the materials submitted for publication.
3. The Editorial Board guarantees the fair and due process of independent review.
4. The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject any material without independent review if it is recognized to be of poor quality or not complying with the theme of the Edition. This decision is made fairly and impartially considering the editorial policy of the Edition.
5. The Editorial Board uses the services of independent reviewers for materials submitted for publication by selecting individuals who have sufficient experience and have no conflict of interests.
6. The independent reviewers are informed about the requirements for them and any changes in the editorial policy.
7. In case if reviewers have questions concerning the authenticity of data or of a scientific work publication the Editorial Board gives the author the opportunity to answer the raised questions.
8. The Editorial Board keeps reviewers’ personal data confidential.
Ethics of Scientific Publications Editing
1. The editor decides on the acceptance or rejection of the publications which makes special requirements for the integrity and objectivity of the process and its compliance with the scientific view of the Edition.
2. To ensure the authenticity of the published data while identifying indisputable errors in a work the possibility to make relevant amendments or correct mistakes in the shortest time is provided. The electronic version of the material is corrected with indication of the date of correction and reference to the list of errors. The article is rejected with indication of the reason (e.g., fair error) if the error makes the work or a substantial part of it reproachful.
3. The editor is obligated to respond to all claims or suspicions concerning misconduct in relation to the conducted research or publication emanating from readers or reviewers.
4. The editor’s conflict of interests should be announced publicly. The editor must not decide on the materials which are in connection with his conflict of interests.
The names and e-mail addresses, specified by the users of the journal website, will be used exclusively for internal technical problems of this journal; they will not be distributed and shared with third parties.
Responsibility for the accuracy of the information, facts, and other information, references to regulations, quotations, and proper names are borne by the authors of the publication.